One clear thing is that fire is very ferocious and at most volatile. And with the advancement in modern furnishings, fires can quickly spread faster than in the past, hence the urgent need for smoke detectors.
Properly placed and correctly installed fire alarms can significantly prevent a minor fire from escalating into a devastating event.
Here are some tips to ensure a correct and safe installation:
- Install smoke detectors throughout your property – inside and outside the bedrooms. Remember to place smoke alarms on each home floor, including the basement and the attic.
- For smoke alarms in the kitchen, try to keep a reasonable distance of about 10 feet between the alarm and the cooking appliances because the heat emanating from these appliances can trigger a false alarm.
- Because smoke rises, the right place to install smoke alarms is high on walls and ceilings.
- Do not have smoke alarms installed near windows or any other openings. The air drafts tend to interfere with the alarm’s operations.
- For faster response and increased safety, interconnect all your fire alarms, so they sound at once. And for interconnection, ensure all your alarms are from the same manufacturer.
- For the best kind of protection, choose a dual smoke alarm, a smoke alarm with both photoelectric and ionization qualities, or you can have these two types of smoke alarms installed on your property.
- Lastly, make good use of the manufacturer’s manual for reference in testing and maintaining the effectiveness of your alarms.
Get Quality Smoke Detector Services in Evanston, IL
True Power Electric aims to keep residential and commercial properties in Evanston, IL, and the surrounding areas safe by offering high-quality electrical services.
If you need smoke detector services, electrical upgrade wiring services, and more, don’t hesitate to call us at 847-477-3230.