If your circuit breaker keeps tripping, it’s a sure sign that something is wrong. Most likely, there is an overload on the circuit or a short circuit somewhere. Here are some solutions to try if your circuit breaker keeps tripping.
- First, check all of the appliances and devices on the circuit to see if any are overloaded. If an appliance is drawing too much power, it can cause the circuit breaker to trip. Unplugging or disconnecting some devices may be necessary to solve the problem.
- If you can’t find an overloaded appliance, the wiring may have a short circuit. Check for damaged insulation or loose wires touching each other and causing a short. If you find any damage, have an electrician repair it as soon as possible.
- If your circuit breaker keeps tripping and you can’t find the cause, the circuit breaker itself may be faulty. In this case, you’ll need to have an electrician replace it with a new one.
By taking these steps, you should be able to figure out why your circuit breaker keeps tripping and fix the problem. If you’re still having trouble, contact an electrician for help.
Need a Professional Electrician in Evanston, IL, and the Surrounding Areas?
Call True Power Electric. We are professional electrical contractors serving Chicago, including Lincolnwood, Skokie, Evanston, Wilmette, Kenilworth, Winnetka, Northbrook, Highland Park, Deerfield, and the Surrounding Areas. We have decades of experience in commercial and residential electrical work.
Some common electrical problems that we see are:
- Circuit breakers that keep tripping
- Fuses that blow frequently
- Sparks coming from outlets or switches
- Flickering lights
- Outlets that don’t work
- Dim lights
Are you experiencing any of these problems or any other electrical issue? Call us today at 847-477-3230.