That’s a big Yes!
The stats don’t lie, almost every single day, you get to hear stories of house fires happening across the United States, and you never know when it’s your house on the headlines.
However, did you know you can reduce the risk of life loss and property damage in a house fire? You can do this by installing smoke detectors in your home.
What is a smoke detector?
It is precisely what its name suggests.
It detects smoke and sounds an alarm alerting everyone in the building of an emergency, giving you enough time to vacate the building carefully and call the fire department.
It’s a small UFO-shaped device but mighty to save. Moreover, they require little maintenance.
So, if you haven’t had one installed, you’re risking it.
Types of smoke detectors
- There are different types of smoke detectors:
- Photoelectric smoke alarms- which identifies smoldering flames, basically smoke
- Ionization smoke alarms – which respond to fires with flames
- Then there are combo alarms- as you’ve guessed already, this is a combination of both photoelectric alarm and ionization alarm.
- There are also heat detectors. These do not detect particulates, making them less prone to false alarms. You can install them in smoke-prone areas like the kitchen, where smoke doesn’t signify fire.
They detect when the temperatures change, making them limited to small areas.
Since you can’t predict what kind of fire situation you’ll be dealing with, we recommend choosing a combo alarm or installing all three types of alarms in your home.
When you’re ready to have smoke detectors installed in your home, remember DIY can’t do it. Always find a reliable professional to do the installations since the placement of the alarms is essential.
Choose True Power Electric for your Smoke Detector Services
Our electrical services also cover smoke detector installation, smoke detector repair, and smoke detector maintenance services.
Our trained professionals have the necessary experience to get the job done right on the first try.
If you need smoke detector services or other electrical services in Evanston, IL and the surrounding areas, give us a call.